Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Serious Slacker in 2012

So I was a slacker in 2012.  Especially with this blog.  Sorry about that but this year I have joined a new challenge it's called A Year of Lovely Finishes  there is also info posted on Sew Bittersweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts. You pick a project that you want to complete during the month and post it to their linky and flickr.  Hopefully this will encourage me to finish some UFO's that I have.

My January Project is going to be my Doll Quilt Swap 13 quilt.



I have the fabrics picked out and my paper piecing pattern.  So it's just sew, sew, sew.  I hope to make it around 18".  The mailing deadline isn't until the middle of February but I would like it done sooner.

I have a few other projects that I would like to finish in January also but they aren't as urgent

- Bind my lattice quilt
- Finish 2 placemats for Meals on Wheels

I have finished a few projects lately so some eye candy for your pleasure:

Bee Blocks for Manda

My finishes for 2012.  There are a few more but this is the majority.  A lot of bee blocks and swaps in there.  I did finish 4 baby quilts (3 have been gifted already) and 1 queen size that was raffled to support the Le Roy Presbyterian Church.  All in all a good year but I would like to finish more actual quilts this year and probably will scale back on the swaps.


Happy 2013 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment