Sunday, December 18, 2011

McBroom Family Christmas

Today is the day that Scott's family gets together for Christmas.



I wasn't able to complete the pillow for my MIL so I made a Inset Zipper Pouch by Keyka Lou.  I only had to use the Sally the seam ripper once so I consider that a success for a new pattern.  I really like how it takes advantage of special fabrics for the center panel.  Also, the top was a little too tough for my sewing machine to sew through nicely so I decided to add some hand quilting in a coordinating color.  I was happy with how it turned out and my MIL loved it.

Dinner was scrumptious we had Ham, Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole, Brussel Sprouts, Ceasar Salad and lots of desserts.  When your cooking for 23 people it's nice to have a condensed menu.   What is the etiquette when someone shows up 1 1/2 hour after dinner, you have already cleaned everything up and they and their kids are hungry???  Seriously folks 1:00 means 1:00.  Off my high horse now.

I have some time this afternoon to finish some more Holiday Sewing for teachers and friends.

FYI - yesterday S helped me make a bunch of pillowcases for his and D's room.  His first attempt at using the sewing machine and it went pretty well.


1 comment:

  1. I love the blue stitching at the top. This makes me brave enough to try a pouch.

    ReplyDelete