Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Welcome!  I've decided to start a blog after obsessively following other blogs and being encouraged by some friends at the Des Moines Modern Quilt Guild.  It may take me a little while to get used to everything so please be patient with me.

I'll show you a few of the projects I have been working on lately.

This is a sneak peek of the back of a quilt that is going to be a Christmas present.  I will show the front shortly because I'm pretty sure that the recipient won't be following my blog.  Hopefully it will be finished by this weekend (just the binding left)

Back of the Swoon Quilt



Long Arm Quilting at the Heart of Quilting in West Des Moines

Doll Bed and Quilt - fits 2 American Girl Dolls
I learned to use the Statler Stitcher last weekend at The Heart of Quilting in West Des Moines.  I have been able to finish 2 quilts so far and hope to finish at least 1 more before Christmas.

To Do List:

Swoon Quilt - just binding left
Circa 1934 Quilt - just binding left
2 Christmas Stockings
Christmas Star Quilt
Pouches for Teacher Christmas gifts - using the Keika Lou Inset Pouch Pattern
Twin Bed quilt for S - blocks are made, can wait until after Christmas

Talk to you soon!

Jill

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so happy to see you started your own blog! :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am quite excited and impressed :o)

    ReplyDelete