Saturday, May 19, 2012

Boys Weekend

I have dubbed this weekend as the Boys Weekend.  We started Saturday morning by driving the boys to Swim Lessons at the YMCA.  They get finished with lessons at 12:00 and we were all hungry so we decided to go to Smitty's.  I heard they have the best tenderloin sandwiches in town (disclaimer - S thinks the best are in Valley Junction at The Longest Yard we had never been there because it's on the other side of town.   S and I enjoyed tenderloin sandwiches and the boys ate off the kids menu and were very happy.  They got a Butterfinger shake also because they did so well in their swim lessons.  


After we finished with lunch we went home and loaded up the 1967 Honda CL90 Scrambler and headed out to DeSoto.  My FIL bought this motorcycle brand new and S has inherited it.  We have decided to restore it and took it to Moto-Cycle Parts, Inc..  Craig was very nice and explained what needed to be done.  Hopefully by fall we will have the motorcycle back and we can buzz all around the neighborhood.  I need to get my motorcycle license but have been practicing on the boys dirt bike.  S said if I pass the test I can get a pink helmet and put a flower sticker on it.  I have a black Harley helmet right now but it wouldn't look right on this motorcycle.  Here it is before we dropped it off


Tomorrow the Boys weekend will continue with a trip to Grandpa and Grandma's.  A BBQ lunch, trip to a farm pond to go fishing and some dirt bike riding.  I wanted to take my embroidery along but S bought me a new fishing pole so it looks like I will be catching fish also.  Wish me luck not hooking myself!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment