Sunday, May 6, 2012

I know I've been hiding out a little but work has been crazy and I haven't had a lot of time to sew lately.  I did manage to finish a bee block for the Bee a {modern} swapper




Ode to Triangles, block 1 of 2 for Fiber of All Sorts
 I finished the binding on this baby quilt and sent it to MN to my sister could take it to a baby shower.

The duck pattern is from Patchwork Patterns 318.  I enlarged it so that it's about 12 inches tall.  I used a variety of yellows with a Kona Coal and Kona orange.  It turned out to be a small baby quilt at 34 x 28 but I hope it comes in useful.  I backed it with Minky because I love using it on baby quilts.

I have also finished about 7 of the Granny Square blocks and can't wait to make more.  I hope to make 20 to make a good lap size quilt.

As I was driving to meet S for lunch yesterday I saw a sign saying Morel Mushrooms and a guy sitting with a cooler in his pickup.  Of course I had to stop.  We haven't had time to go mushroom hunting ourselves and haven't had any to eat in a few years.  Brought a pound home and stuffed several with a crab meat stuffing last night.  Yummy!  S is going to fry some up tonight either in flour or cracker crumbs for dinner.  Even the kids will eat these.

Until next time!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment