Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy Little Sewing House - Pillow Swap

This is my last commitment for at least a month.  Although I just signed up for another bee that is a bee/swap so everyother month you are committed to making 2 blocks and the other months are a swap.  It should be fun. 

I used the pattern from the Fat Quarterly paper piecing edition and fussy cut some scissors for the front door and a little button for the chimney so it's a Happy Little Sewing House.  I love the bright colors and the roof fabric.  I would be happy to keep this on my sofa because it looks really good there but it will be going with me tonight to the Des Moines Modern Quilt Guild meeting to be given to it's new owner.

Since I have no sewing commitments for a month I started on my Kaleidoscope Quilt for a church auction this fall.  All the pieces are cut and I'm using the pattern from a sew along last year from Don't Call Me Betsy.  I'll post some photos once I have more blocks pieced together.  It's going to be Queen Sized so it may take a while to finish.

I've seen all the Wiksten patterns popping up on Flickr and love the Tova and the Tank.  I decided to start with the Tank since it's now offered as a PDF and the weather is getting nicer.  It was super easy to sew and is nice and flowy because I used some gauze fabric from Joann's.  I think I will be making some more of these for the summer but have to make some adjustments for the size.  I was going to cut an xl but after reading some reviews decided to cut a large.  It may look a little better if it wasn't so large so I'll make a Medium next time and see how that works.  It's almost finished just have to make the binding for the arms and neck.


Linking up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts

Have a great weekend!

Jill

4 comments:

  1. Okay. . that pillow cover is rocking! I love the tank as well. . whoop for sewing for you.

    I'm happy to see I'm not the only one that has a hanging out there QAL. I have 2 (or 3) doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pillow!! I love the that you made it a sewing house.

    Cheers!
    Rachel
    Scrapendipity Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. this pillow is so cute!!! i love it.

    ReplyDelete