Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blueberry Lemon Fool

Last night we had some friends over for dinner.  I was setting the table with the good China and asked D if he would like to eat dinner with us.  He looked at the table and said he couldn't, when I asked why he said because S and he were Monsters and they can't eat anything that fancy.  We had a great time and I made a dessert that is perfect for April Fools and super easy so I thought I would give you the recipe.

First for the dinner menu:


Spinach Salad with Strawberries, Candied Almonds, Rogue Blue Cheese and Balsamic Vinaigrette

Smoked Gerber Chicken, Trout & Salmon (they all looked good at the local market so had to do a trio)

Baked Risotto with Leeks, Mushrooms and Peas

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus

and for dessert




Blueberry Lemon Fools


2 c. heavy cream
2 T. sugar
Blueberries
Lemon Curd

I had some blueberries that I had canned last summer in syrup so that's what I used but you could simply add some sugar to your fruit and let it sit in the fridge and macerate and then mash it up.  Whip the cream with the 2 T. of sugar until you have stiff peaks.  Fold the a few Tablespoons of lemon curd into 1/2 of the cream (my lemon curd was pretty tart so I didn't use a lot).  Fold the blueberries into the remaining cream.   You can refrigerate these for a few hours until time to serve.

Layer into a pretty glass and garnish with extra blueberries, a mint sprig and possibly even a lemon slice if you have enough energy after making dinner.

Now I need to do a little sewing and then we are going on a long family bike ride to work off some of the calories from last night.

FYI - the kids did eat last night just a PB&J and a chicken leg with the prosciutto wrapped asparagus.

Happy April Fools day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an impressive dinner. I wish I could cook like that!

    ReplyDelete