Friday, April 13, 2012

Pretty {Little} Pouch Swap

This was my first time participating in the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap and it's been a lot of fun.  This gorgeous pouch came to me from Katy (LethargicLass). It is perfect for me.  I love the echino with the linen and look at all the handles.  S chose the handle that's on it right now because that's his favorite.  D even said it was a cool pouch.

from LethargicLass
Unfortunately they don't think the pouch I made is quite as cool but I'm happy with it and it's even done a week early.  It will be mailed tomorrow once I have some time to put a few extra's in it.

Keyka Lou Inset Zip Pouch Pattern

Inset zipper


This is my second time using the pattern and I made the clutch size this time.  It actually goes together really quickly once you cut the pieces out.  It took a little longer to do the pieced center but I like how it turned out with the Flea Market Fancy band on the top. 

We have other big news around here also.  The boys got their first motorcycle.  It's a Yamaha TTR50 and it has the big boy kit on it so Dad can ride it also if he wants.  They took it to Grandpa and Grandma's house for Easter and rode around in the backyard and then took it to the farm for some riding.  No major spills (yet) but they haven't gotten it out of first gear.

Also this lovely package of Flea Market Fancy arrived.  I didn't preorder and it was selling out quickly so I'm glad I was able to get it from Fabric.com and some from Intrepidthread.com.  I have some plans but they will have to wait just a little while longer until I finish the Pillow Swap for the Des Moines Modern Quilt Guild.


Have a great weekend everyone. It's supposed to rain so that's great quilting weather.

Jill


No comments:

Post a Comment